“Moving forward is taking what you’ve learned from the past and ensuring it influences the future. Not just hoping it influences the year ahead, but ensuring it does,” said Camie Melton Hanily, past president, IABC Minnesota.
“Moving forward to me means embracing what’s possible,” added IABC Minnesota President Michael Walsh. “It means recognizing there are better days ahead, better ways of communicating and working together.”
IABC member Daniel Brady, agrees.
“…Whether in politics, social commitments, or work/home balance, 2020 has sent much into the gutter. Now we have a unique opportunity to elevate ourselves and build a brighter future.”
The theme of the 2021 CONVERGENCE Summit, Moving Forward, is especially relevant considering recent events impacting our nation. Other IABC members, Ellen Vander Linden, Maureen Mook, Tammy Nienaber, Dr. Amelia Reigstad, Cindy Schmieg and Cory Weaver, chimed in with their ideas about how they are moving forward in their roles at their businesses and organizations in 2021 and beyond. Here is a sampling:
- Giving yourself grace and time to make progress and reach your goal. Reflecting on our victories at work as well as our mistakes.
- Drawing excitement from new ideas and disruption caused by the downturn in our economy as companies become more resilient and creative for survival.
- Helping clients learn from 2020s challenges to make a stronger 2021
- Saying goodbye to colleagues who you’ve worked with for years
The meaning ofmoving forward in their career was also addressed by members:
- Adapting to significant changes in the way job seekers find work
- Building and maintaining a strong network in a virtual world
- Establishing a broader view of what a career can be, working remotely, embracing innovative and mission-driven workplaces.
- Joining or working at a company that allows for flexibility. Valuing results of work with less attention to where it is performed.
- Taking a leap of faith and being my authentic self. Steering from my academic path and getting back to my entrepreneurial roots to write my first book and focus on my business
2021 CONVERGENCE Summit will feature an agenda that focuses on ways to help you start anew and move forward. Learning about creative solutions, problem solving, developing resilience, facing ever-changing environments and new best practices in addition to networking opportunities are all excellent reasons to attend this year’s summit.
According to Schmieg, CONVERGENCE Summit 2021 chair, another reason to participate in the summit – becoming inspired to achieve your goals. “Lately it seems like I’m chained to getting done only what has to be done — doing what has become comfortable to me based on the past.
It’s not that I’m held back by the unknown. I’m drowning in information, but it takes effort to make it relevant to my career and personal interests. It takes effort to determine how the information will enhance me. I’m simply not motivated.
Finding a direction and taking that first step to move forward comes from realizing information in a new way that connects to my life and points to a new goal to accomplish. I’ll be attending the 2021 CONVERGENCE Summit to move me from this docile spot and put me on the path toward new and interesting accomplishments.”
How will you be Moving Forward in 2021? Get inspired at the sixth annual CONVERGENCE Summit on March 18. Register now for the best pricing.